Monday, September 29, 2008

It was everything I wished that it would be.

Things I learned today:
Century III Mall is not 9.84 miles away from my apartment, no matter what Mapquest claims.
"Fappy" people really piss me off.
It's not a good idea to wear a bubble dress on a windy day...

I love Miley Cyrus. She sucks monumentally in every aspect of her life, except the one where I love her music. Seriously, I'm in love with her version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". It is the worst remake of a song in history, but I still listen to it 20 times an hour. Horrible, horrible, horrible. But you can't help who you love, eh?

We saw that movie "The Women" this weekend and thank god it was free. I liked it enough I guess, but it was drawn out, like most sisterhood bonding-esque movies. Meg Ryan is amazing. I love her. She made the movie. Her with her horrible hair style, which Steph loved for some reason. Anyway, my point was that Bette Midler was in the movie, and she always has exciting words of wisdom for us girls to listen to and in this movie it was "Just don't give a shit about anybody else". I enjoyed this a lot. It's very true and only people like Bette can say things like this.
It was funny because there were absoluely no men in the entire movie, like no husbands, no men walking on the streets-any men. Until the end Grace Adler had a baby boy. I didn't notice until the very end when someone pointed it out to me. For my dignit, strange things kept falling on us the entire movie and I got freaked out that someone was in the theater that was going to kill us. (we were the only ones in the theater)

I loved not having class today. It was sweet. I went to the mall on a literally two hour trip, just to find the effing place. Then I ran a minimum of ten red lights on the way home. I just got back and made dinner and cleaned. I feel so domesticated. Mostly because I'm wearing this 1950s dress, even though not really at all. Who knows.

1 comment:

  1. Glossgirl9:28 AM

    I agree with you on the 2008 version of "The Women." I was thinking when is this movie going to get really interesting and secondly .."Why is Jada Pinkett in this small role?" But then Bette Midler gave a secret key to life- "Don't give a Sh*t about anybody, be selfish, because once you ask yourself a question..What about me?Everything changes for the better."
    GOing through the issues that I have in the past year-This truly was my A-HA moment. Thanks for sharing that on your blog. All the best,

    ReplyDelete