Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Maloney's.

I thought I would keep you updated on all of the happenings of Thanksgiving:

9:00- I was rudely woken up by my father slamming my door open and throwing two pairs of chucks and my fugs on the floor of my room. It was very loud and I was scared.
9:15- I decided I couldn't pretend to be sleeping any longer as everyone was shouting at me, giving me orders and such.
9:15-10:00- I'm not sure what happened in this time. I ate some of Ash's left over chinese food from last night and got yelled at. I set out plates and watched my mom bake an apple pie.
10:00-10:34- I showered and got ready and then at 10:34 Alex, Ube and Gram got here so I went downstairs and got a bottle of water and now at
10:46- I thought I'd write this blog, even though it won't be as exciting as last year because Lauren isn't here and neither is Uge.
10:46-1:00- Took a walk with Alex around Sycamore Hallow. Then sat around waited for Alex to get ready.
1:00-2:40- Took a walk around Solomons
2:40-5:30-Sat around, watched my parents make the dinner. Eat a lot of chips and dip. Complain a lot. Realize we forgot the punch this year, got upset. Ash, Alex and I played Barbie, Queen of the Prom and Sweet Valley High the Board game. Ash got mad because I got the good boyfriend in the Barbie game and then when I was Enid in the Sweet Valley High game, every time someone got the "play a card" spot, it was always something for Enid to move to whatever spot she wanted or for Enid to take a peak at any spot on the board. Needless to say, the games didn't last too long.
5:30-6:00- Eat dinner. Strangely though, because Lauren and Uge weren't there.
6:00-11:00- Sat around. Then you know we watched Christmas Vacation. We had to do the ritualistic complaining just because it's funny. We all love this movie it's just become a tradition to complain for hours (weeks, days, months..) about having to watch it on Thanksgiving, even though we've been doing it since I was like five. Then we watched Elf, which is the new tradition that no one complains about because we all love Buddy the Elf. And no matter how old I get, "The yellow ones don't stop", "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?", and "I like smiling, smiling's my favorite" and the part where the lady offers him some passion fruit spray and he sprays it into his mouth, will always make me laugh, or at least be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment