Saturday, February 27, 2010

defying gravity.

if there is one thing that bothers me the most is when a beautiful, "smart" person uses the wrong "too" and "to".

not trying to say that i'm a grammar fiend or that i know anything about it. but i also don't claim to be smart. or people don't get the impression that i'm smart.


so, as you know, my headlight is out. i went to the auto parts store and started walking around and this guy came up to me and asked if i needed help so i told him what i need. then he goes "what kind of beam?" and i'm sorry i have no idea what that means. now that i think about it, i understand. but on the spot i'm not thinking "high beam or low beam". i'm thinking i needed a headlight. then i also wasn't aware that there was this computer program that decided which headlight you needed. that was a surprise. i suppose he assumed that i wouldn't be the one replacing the blub because he said "whoever puts this bulb in for you..." and then i was so mad that i stopped listening. i think i could figure out how to replace a bulb. i may not know what year my car is, but i can handle pulling one bulb out and putting another one in. i'm not going to do it, my uncle will, but still.

and i normally consider myself more of a Phyllis than a Betty. (that's what an entire semester of reading about Phyllis Schlafly gets you)



i also really enjoy singing show tunes at the top of my lungs and attempting to reach the high F. i never get that high. i think my highest note is a C. i'm also a man though.

1 comment: