Things that I find completely pointless:
1. Putting your middle name in a facebook profile
2. Paying money for bookmarks
3. Paying money for books (unless it's Catcher in the Rye of course)
4. Stealing cars from your sister
5. Thinking that after someone doesn't respond to you for days (or weeks, months or years) at a time, that it's still game on.
6. Trying to be sarcastic
7. Having a TV without DVR
8. Smoking or doing any type of drugs
9. Most importantly, being involved with someone for over 6 years and hating your life every minute of it (this isn't me, clearly).