Friday, June 11, 2010

all i wanna do is use you.

I've never been one of those annoying girls who says things like "I get along with guys better...I hate having friends that are girls" but I think that in the workplace, yes, guys are better. They don't hold grudges, they don't spread rumor's, they don't talk behind your back and they actually have fun at work. Now, I'm not saying they don't do these things or they're all fun...but in general. Or at least in my past experience. This, of course, does not count for gay guys. Despite what people think, I don't hate gay men, I just honestly haven't like any of the ones that I've met. Ok, that's a lie...maybe like two or three. It's just that flamboyantness and for some reason they think that they are better than everyone. They do. In my experience, at least.

But back to what I was saying-stop looking at me like I'm a terrible person. I've hated (hated, hated, hated with a deep passion) both of the jobs I've had in Pittsburgh. And it was mostly because of the girls. At work now, I can count on one hand the people I like and probably about 30 or so people work there. At the Zoo, I think I liked 3. I usually like most people...ok, not really. I loved working at the movie theater. Probably because there were two other girls under 30 and they were fun too. I miss playing lacrosse with the ice and having water and aerosol can fights. A few weeks ago, this girl aka one of the five people I like said my name in a creepy voice into a walkie and then one of our managers goes "who was that" in a voice. The one time it was sort of fun and we were playing with a football, we got yelled at. There are only two people who make it fun, my best friend Kelsey (who graduated tonight, whoo!) and we all know who the other one is. The other people I like I never get to work with and when I do, I get banned from talking to them. I find this slightly ironic, because so far, I've been banned from talking to four people, yet I'm "so quite". I don't like you, that's why. We had to take this survey today that said "are you satisfied with your job" and I said "severely disagree" or whatever the option was. I feel like a bad person for saying this stuff about work, but I think I liked student teaching 10 times more than I like work as of a few months ago. I'm on a super human type job search and I am determined to find a new job. It's probably going to end up being Target. But I honestly don't care. I'll just work at the worst place ever once every 3 months so I can keep the discount. Thanks, guys for only giving me one day of work a week. 34 dollar paychecks are so fun.

Sorry...I have to get up at 530 and do it all over again tomorrow. Someone will probably read this and I'll get fired, but I'm ok with that.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    stop crying and go eat a cupcake....I've had 3 already today

    ReplyDelete