Monday, June 28, 2010

don't wake me, i plan on sleeping in.

So tonight I decided to be a decent human being and volunteer at Children's Hospital with work. All we did was play bingo with these adorable teenagers who were going to prom and I wanted to ask them to try on their dresses because we got to see them all, but I thought that would probably be creepy. There was this one kid who wanted to do the worm the whole time but no one would let him. He kept talking in Spanish and at one point he got a kick out of calling this one girl a cockroach but in Spanish. I'm not really sure the exact time line of the story but he called one of the girls I went with a "flying cockroach mixed with human". I still can't get over this.
And my favorite part, because it involves me, was when we were talking about last names for some reason and this one lady there said her last name (I can't remember what it was) and so naturally I started to laugh. Then this girl looks at me and goes "why are you laughing? Your last name is Maloney...it rhymes with a lunch meat". I'll never escape the ridicule.

1 comment: