Thursday, October 21, 2010

you're so vain, i bet you think this song is about you.

If I were to write a list of useless things in this world, Screamo would be at the top of the list, if not first. It hurts my ears, I know it's hurting your throat and no one can sing along to it. Why do you do it, Breathe Carolina, WHY?
There is this thing I love and it is songs that are about books I've read. Ok, so Breathe Carolina wrote a song called "I Have to Go Return Some Video Tapes", you would understand the reference if you've read American Psycho. The whole song is good. I like it. I just don't like the random man screaming parts of it. Oddly, the song has no chorus, but I still like it solely because it is about one of my top five favorite books.
But now that I think about it, would this still be one of my favorite books if I read it again? I went through this odd period of killing, gore, drugs and weird being my favorite genre, but now it's memoirs, so who knows. I don't think I would like it. Maybe I would, who knows. I can stomach a lot, but would graphically nailing people to the floor and doing extremely disgusting things to them still be entertaining to me? We'll probably never know because I hate re-reading books except for Catcher in the Rye and Harry Potter.

So...point of this blog is
1. I hate Screamo
2. Is American Psycho still a good book in my eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment