Thursday, January 6, 2011

diet peach snapple is love.

If you've been wondering why I haven't blogged in a few days, I've been distracted, I haven't been doing anything fun. Oh, sorry, Jamie. Jamie has been staying at my house for the past week and she left today, so I have to fill the void by blogging. Aside from Jamie being here, the main reason I haven't been blogging is because I've become completely and utterly addicted to:
And, in case you don't know what this is, it's Mad Men. I'm on episode 4 season 2 and it's literally like crack to me. Lauren bought my mom season 1 for Christmas and then Ashleigh and I were at Target and all of the seasons were on sale for 15.99 so we bought 2 & 3. Then for some reason, we started watching season 1 and I was hooked from the first scene. I finished season 1 this morning and I tried really hard not to open season 2 because it was supposed to be a present for Mother's Day or something. I toyed with the idea of just waiting for the rest of my family to catch up so we could all watch season 2 together, but that wasn't happening. I ran up to my room and found season 2 where it was hidden in a Target bag on the floor, and ripped it open like a kid on Christmas. I got back down stairs and laid the package open on the floor and a rush came over me that I would describe as a drug addict getting his fix, but I can't really relate to that, so you just get a rush. I just stared at the DVD's and couldn't wait to get watching.
I'm not sure what I find so appealing. I think that 90% of it is because Mad Men takes place in 1960 and the late 50's- early 60's are by far my favorite time period in U.S history. It is also because this young lady reminds me so much of myself:
I wish I could say this like I was complimenting myself, but I'm not. I would never have bangs like that, but I think that we make the same mistakes/decisions. She has better luck with work. I like her because she's not an idiot like all of the other secretaries are and she reminds me of myself, but that's an obvious.


If you look up the term douche in dictionary, Peter Campbell will be the first entry. Yet, I am strangely attracted to him. Most likely because he is an combination of all of the males I hate. Hence, I love him. He is a jerk and he cheats on his wife. All he wants to do is get ahead in work, but no one else likes him. I love him though.
And the character that I am uber obsessed with and I can't get enough of is Joan Holloway. I love EVERY. SINGLE. OUTFIT. Everything this wears, I would wear, and she wears it so well, which I wouldn't be able to do. I can sort of relate to her, minus the part of her being this confident, inspiring woman, but the part of her that is super insecure, jealous and petty. Oh and the sarcasm. She's used to being better than all of the women in the office, and the object of all of the mens affection that when someone else gets attention, she is bitter. And she's a bitch sometimes and I have to love that. Honestly, though, if I could be anyone in the world, it would be her at this moment. But this picture is of my favorite outfit of hers and I think that when I get back to Pittsburgh, I'm going to attempt to find an outfit exactly like this, just so I can be like Joan.


Oh and other than the more than amazing characters, I love this history of it all. They show a lot of Jackie Kennedy clips. I really can't wait until it gets to 1963 so we can watch Kennedy getting shot. THEY BETTER TALK ABOUT THAT is all I have to say. But Sterling Cooper, which is the ad agency that is the basis of the show, is working on the Nixon campaign and so they make so many amazingly funny Nixon jokes. I love Nixon, if you didn't know. And if you didn't know, Nixon loses the 1960 election to Kennedy and my favorite comment was made by someone I can't remember (I think it was Joan), but Joan was putting make up on her boss who has a heart attack and someone says "where were you when Nixon was in the debates?". Nixon had a debate with Kennedy and whoever did his make up did a really crappy job and Nixon sweats like a mad man, so all of his make up came off and looked really cakey. I thought it was funny, but you probably have to watch it. WHICH YOU SHOULD.

No comments:

Post a Comment