Thursday, February 10, 2011

throwing a line out to sea to see if i can catch a dream.

So I was up in the woman cave today, painting the floor, and thinking about how much I don't like the 21st century. Honestly, the only thing that I would miss would be Ipods, and even mine is annoying me now because it is all staticky for some reason. All of this technology is nice, for sure, but I think that if we had to live without it, we could. All of my Grandma's and older family members say that I couldn't go a day without my phone or computer (which is clearly false because I'm one of those people that lose/break their phones at least 12 times during the contract thus going without my phone for a while). I know that I could, as well as everyone else reading this.

Remember the days when we had to use encyclopedias and dictionaries to do our homework? We did, if you don't remember. I don't even mind going to the library to look at books to do my research papers. I hated when my classmates would get mad when they had to use three book sources. OMG THREE?!?!I was thinking the other day that I'm sure 99% of people born after 1995 have no idea how to use the Dewey Decimal System let alone what it is.

I don't have a problem with the music that is played today, but I won't go into that except I am on Grooveshark and I went to the "Popular Music" tab and there is a song called "I Just Had Sex". I can't even explain to you the lyrics they're so terrible and stupid. Am I the only one who hasn't heard this song, probably. This song has to be a spoof of something else. We clearly need some more Sonny and Cher in our lives.

Well, anyway, I was also thinking about how I was born in the wrong generation. I don't know which one I would fit into, but this is the wrong one. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why living in the 21st century is better than the 20th, but I can't think of too many. When I was in my Econ class, my professor took a poll and asked who would rather go back in time or go forward. I was one of the two people that raised their hands to go back in time. Being one of the only two professors who ever liked me (let alone knew my name), he asked me why. When people call on me in class, my mind literally goes blank. The only thing I'm thinking of is "think of somethingggg", but I just said something stupid most likely. And despite the fact that I was super in love with this guy, he had that name that I'm always attracted to for some reason (except once), I had to disagree with his strong desire to go into the future. Yes, I want to know what happens, but I don't care too much about civilization. I'll just go find a soothsayer and have her tell me when I die and how many cats I'm going to have living in my apartment that my parents are probably going to pay for.


I really wish that I could express this feeling in better words.

2 comments:

  1. I've read all your blogs up to date! I really enjoy then =]
    So I'm gonna follow you :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah you belong in mad men generation with pete

    ReplyDelete