Sunday, May 8, 2011

your clothes never wear as well the next day and your hair never falls in quite the same way.

You know those days where you just want to yell at everyone you see for being so supremely stupid?
Yes, today was one of those days.

To start off, I spent way too much money on tea than expected.
The stupid dress that I really wanted from Forever 21 was 100% see-through. That was a bummer.
I LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY CAR. What am I? 16?
I was at the library and the rude librarian with a stink bug crawling on her shoulder told me that I couldn't check out books because I didn't have my card with me and only had my ID. This has never been a problem before when I handed a normal librarian my ID that's from Maryland and the address doesn't match the address they have on file. I told her that it's for my old apartment and she said that I don't live there so I can't check books out with out my card.
Okay, old lady. I realize that you think you're doing the library some kind of service as an official Nazi librarian, but you're not. You almost made me cry, and I hope that stink bug crawling on your shoulder ended up biting you. Please explain to me what it matters to you that a fellow book lover wants to check out a book? Does it really affect you if I don't return it? No. The owner of the card that I was using will just have to pay a fine or it will be their problem. Not to mention that the name on my ID with the picture that is obviously me matches the name in your data base. Probably the only one you have. It's not like I have the worlds most generic name.
AND to make it worse, I go to a different library WITH my library card and check out the books that I was going to check out at that library and I see the librarian making odd faces at the computer screen and she goes "lives in California...doesn't have a card...you're using a card". I explained it to her and she said "well, we're more lenient here".

OH BY THE WAY I LIVE IN MARYLAND. NOT CALIFORNIA.
How do you even mess that up? And don't say that it's because I live in California, Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment